Monday, August 2, 2010

IKAT GET YOU OUTTA MY HEAD.....


I remember reading a while ago how Ikat patterns were passe` and on their way out..........


hand-woven Ikat fabric cushions from Table Tonic


I beg to differ, as I am seeing them alive and well everywhere, from every home design magazine to the fashion runways. These cushions above are from an amazing Australian-based company run by a very gifted fellow blogger, Louise. She describes their offerings as "Global treasures for the modern Bohemian". Conveniently, she offers worldwide shipping. Her new blog happens to be one of my favorite reads these days. She is a former design director for several major design publications and boy, does she know her stuff! She is a big fan of color, a girl after my own heart.


If you haven't discovered her blog and shop (both called Table Tonic) you don't know what you're missing!



Louise Bell


I am also digging her brightly hued Moroccan leather poufs and these feather Juju headresses....great eclectic touches for the home. Check it all out here!

16 comments:

pve design said...

love the indian quilts!
pve

Sarah said...

I too love IKAT and think it is a pattern that can go with just about anything! I love the pouf too! I will check out her shop, thanks for sharing...hope you are well Anne and enjoying the summer!!

x

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Oh, love her style! I agree-- I don't think I am over Ikat either and think it is a great decor touch to a room!

Christy said...

So cool. If I had a dressing room I would definitely want that silver pouf in it!

Sherry said...

I think the patterns are lovely. When we purchased and restored our craftsman bungalow I knew I'd never have to worry about passe again.

xoSherry

Abby said...

I heard that Ikat was out too, but I'm just plugging my ears and refusing to believe it because I still this it's so cool!

CDS said...

LOVE the Ikat! :)

Renae Moore said...

I love ikat and have a great piece on some chairs!
love that pouf!
xx

Joyti said...

What a cute post title, I really like the Ikea prints and the Moroccan ottoman...

Mariska Meijers said...

Louise has great taste. Love her blog. She is always on top of the news! Have a great week Anne x

lisaroy said...

I really love ikat and it doesn't seem passé to me maybe because I don't actually see it in the shops around here much so I haven't tired of it. And the colours in those ikat pillows are so fresh and happy. : )

DolceDreams said...

Once again you have turned me on to something great...
I hope you have a fantastic week,
nathalie

Living Livelier said...

love that title - too cute!
xo deb

K A T H L E E N said...

love the pattern on the pillows!

Unknown said...

IKAT= classic, simple design....smiles...

Unknown said...

Love it all! IKAT especially!

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615