Thursday, November 15, 2007

DEAR DESIGNER





Some photos I snapped yesterday at the beach on my "day off".


You may be wondering what these photos have to do with the title of this post?? Well, nothing actually to do with the title, BUT, just keep reading...
Firstly, I just wanted to thank Emily Johnston, of the Dallas-based blog, Dear Designer, for featuring my work this week. Emily is a young designer with the novel approach of educating and providing the client with stylish, yet affordable options for those of us who are looking to make the most of our budget. Emily contacted me this week for some art/design work and I am looking forward to working with her! Thanks, Emily!

I am constantly surprised and amazed at all the wonderful people I continue to meet here worldwide through this design/blogging community. As the time for Thanksgiving approaches (can't believe it's next week!) I am reminded to take a breather from my feverish pace of late and look around me. I have so much to be thankful for. Sometimes, in just trying to survive and stay on top of things, we forget to pause and be refreshed and inspired by the beauty and good things in our lives. Yesterday, I took a rare day off and was reminded why I am so blessed to live here in Florida. The natural beauty here is incredible! It really does inspire creativity.
It's true that no matter what we are going through in life, good or not so good, there are always things to be thankful for. The people who love and support us, new friends, the natural beauty, and the simple pleasures in life. The capacity to appreciate things is, in itself, a priceless gift from God.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Anne
You are so right in what you say. We have so much to be thank-ful for. Good for you for taking the day off and getting out in nature. Can hardly wait to see how it has inspired you..

annechovie said...

Thanks for your support, Patricia. You are so sweet!

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615