Wednesday, August 20, 2008

THE GHOST FOR LITTLE ONES

The much-celebrated "Ghost Chair" by Phillipe Starck now available in a mini version for children!

As most of you know, Phillipe Starck is one of the most prolific designers of our day. The Ghost Chair is one of his most popular designs to date and now this hip dad has designed a smaller version for little people who deserve a little style also. How cute would these be in a child's room or playroom? They just came out in Europe this Summer and will be available shortly in the US through Kartell for about $116. Available in a variety of candy-colored transparent pastel colors (fluorescent orange and green, sugar pink, blue, sky blue, purple, lilac, and pale green) and three opaque colors (red, white, black). They are made from polycarbonate, resistant to scratches and feature perfect ergonomics. It's a shame no one has come out with a miniature Saarinen oval table for kids, too! How perfect would that be paired with these chairs?
Photos courtesy of Marie Claire Maison

10 comments:

SimplyGrove said...

Seriously, I love these!!!! So cute:)

Tara said...

Hi Anne!

Yeah, your comments are working!
:0)What agreat price for a great chair!

rebecca said...

Ahhh, cute! I love little chairs!
I'm glad I can comment again! I was having trouble before. :) Hope you're doing well!

Maritere Rice Photography said...

One of my all-time favorite chairs in a mini version! I will have to save and buy some for my little one - the white version is my favorite! Love them!

amy williams said...

Ok, I totally LOVE this!!

annechovie said...

Thanks for all the great comments everyone!I appreciate them and hope you are all doing well!

Angela said...

oh my gosh how darling. you are right the saarinen table in mini size will be perfect. he is such an amazing talent. i went to cafe coste (another phillippe starck) for dinner in paris couple of years ago quite a while ago but still amazing.

annechovie said...

Thanks for your comment, savvy mode sg! I would love to visit Cafe Costes sometime!

Alkemie said...

Are you serious?? Mini ghost Chairs? I love it!!! Starck's ghost chairs are iconic :)

annechovie said...

I agree, Karen. Iconic is the perfect word for them....

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615