Wednesday, November 26, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

This is a prayer that my mother first saw framed and hanging in Garrison Keillor's dining room in a magazine. I sketched it all in for her and she painted it with gold on a blue strie background. It hangs in her kitchen now. It reads:
" O Lord, we thank you for this food, for every blessing, every good - For eartly sustenance and love, Bestowed on us from Heav'n above. Be present at our table, Lord, Be here and everywhere adored. Thy children bless and grant that we may feast in paradise with Thee."

This is one of my early paintings, done back in the 90's when I was a young whippersnapper! I love to sit by the fire when it's chilly (I never dress like this, though. LOL)

I want to wish all of my US friends a very Happy Thanksgiving! I am heading out of town to my little sister's house to spend it with my family. I am thankful for the countless good things that I am blessed with. Even thankful for the things that don't always appear so good at the time, that are often transformed into blessings later. I am thankful for all of you loyal readers, clients, fellow bloggers and friends. I wish all of you a very pleasant rest of the week/weekend! You guys are the best!

12 comments:

rebecca said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Anne! Have a safe trip, and wonderful time with your sis & fam!

Tara said...

Anne

Hope you have a wonderful holiday with your loved ones!

Alok Nandan said...

nice, I like it

annechovie said...

Becca~ Thank you! Happy Thnaksgiving to you also!

Tara ~ Thank you so much - hope you do as well!

Alok~ Thank you for your visit and comment!

Leciawp said...

Happy Thanksgiving Anne! Lovely prayer and drawing.

pve design said...

Anne -
A day for grace and gratitude.
I give thanks for you, your friendship and all.
I would love for you to come sit by my fire with me.
Patricia

annechovie said...

Patricia~ That is so nice - thank you! I would love to come over and have a cup of tea with you by the fire! A very Happy TGiving to you and your family!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving and that is a beautiful painting!
I have my future in-laws coming in for a big turkey day.

Ever since my fiance proposed to me with a gorgeous diamond engagement ring from www.idonowidont.com, I promised that I would make a thanksgiving to impress his parents.

So I'm thankful for finding the right guy. I hope you have a fun trip with your family.

Ivy Lane said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Anne! Wishing you a peaceful, restful weekend as well!

annechovie said...

Thanks, Ivy! You, too.

annechovie said...

Lecia~ Thank you and I hope you had a nice celebration with your family!

hmstrjam said...

hi anne- scrolling through your blog again, love this little painting, so little womenesque!

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615