Friday, November 21, 2008

NEW HOMES FOR MY WORK

These photos were sent to me by Anna Spiro of Absolutely Beautiful Things. They are of her gorgeous shop and design firm in Brisbane, Australia. Here she framed 2 of my prints, Ikat Chair and Courtney Barnes Chair. Anna's trademark is classic style mixed with lively color and I think she couldn't have chosen a lovelier way to frame these!



These two prints are now in Kate Conroy's Manhattan home. I really like the gold bamboo frames she chose.

When you put a lot of time into creating something, you can't help but be interested in what happens once it leaves your hands and ends up in it's new home. It's always fun for me to see the photos that my wonderful customers/clients send me of my work hanging in their homes (and, in the case of the top photos, their shop). It's very fulfilling to see them put their own personal stamp on my work with their framing choices and make it a part of their environment. I feel so grateful to not only be able to do something I love, but also that I get the opportunity to meet such exceptionally nice people via my blog and Etsy site. Just a reminder that I SO appreciate the support of all of you - readers, clients and fellow bloggers. You never fail to brighten my day! I hope everyone has an especially nice weekend and I will see you back here on Monday.

18 comments:

Pascale said...

J'aime beaucoup les cadres avec les croquis de siège. Ils iraient très bien dans mon atelier.

Pascale

annechovie said...

Pascale~ Merci Beaucoup!

la la Lovely said...

Looks lovely Anne.. you know I have the same two as Anna and wasn't sure how to frame...so this is great inspiration!!! The combo of your art and her design is brilliant!
xx Happy Thanksgiving and weekend to you!

Ivy Lane said...

FabUUUUlous! :)

annechovie said...

Trina~ Hi! Yes, Anna framed these perfectly, didn't she? Thanks and have a great weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving also!

Ivy Lane~ Glad you liked them! Thanks!

Leciawp said...

Have a great weekend Anne! Nice to see your beautiful artwork so tastefully displayed.

annechovie said...

Lecia~ You, too! Thank you.

Karena said...

Ooh, Anne, I love the framing design and mat Anna chose!

annechovie said...

Hi Karen~ Yes, she has a great eye, doesn't she?

cotedetexas said...

Boy - those look wonderful - both sets. Anna's are so bright and lovely. You must be one proud momma!!!

annechovie said...

Joni~ Yes, Nice to see my children looking well and happy. LOL

beauty comma said...

I love this particular pink! It looks great with the lime greens. I can understand that this made you happy. Strange, I was just thinking about this today actually - how it feels for an artist to part with one's pictures and not knowing what happens to them. Looks like these are in safe hands!

annechovie said...

DecoDetective~ Thanks for visiting! Yes, I love that pink, too. It IS great to see my children in such great hands! LOL Have a great week and a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Love your prints and the bamboo frames are so chic....

annechovie said...

Anon~ Thanks so much!

Anna Spiro said...

Thanks for posting these Anne - I love seeing your artwork in my store!
xx
Anna

annechovie said...

Anna~ Thank YOU for supporting me and sending the beautiful photos! XO

Michelle said...

You are both such talented women...they look great in the space!

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615