Monday, January 28, 2013

STRAVINSKIJ BAR - ROME



Garden Courtyard of Hotel de Russie

I've had the joy of visiting Rome several times, so it was fun to take on this commission from a wonderful client in the fashion world. She wanted me to capture the Stravinskij Bar at Hotel de Russie near Piazza del Popolo in Rome, Italy. I actually stayed just down the street in a flat on there on Via del Babuino about 10 years ago and had a very memorable time. The Hotel de Russie is a very chic and historic hotel that has long been known as THE spot to stay in Rome, from as far back as when the "European Grand Tour" was in vogue for the jet set.  

Please let me know if there's a special place that you'd like me to capture in a custom painting - you can contact me here for details & pricing.
Have a GREAT Monday - I am packing and moving this week!!   Some sore muscles here...

10 comments:

Ann said...

That looks so beautiful...
You are incredibly talented.

My Notting Hill said...

That's a gorgeous piece! Beautiful work. Hope all goes well with the move.

pve design said...

I bet you could use a drink there after your move.
REmember when in doubt, toss it out!
pve

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Ivy Lane said...

I love how you "capture" the essence of "being there".... beautiful work!

Karena said...

Beautifully done Anne!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Artists Series

CDS said...

amazing!

Unknown said...

Lovely! the painting reminds me of my "chicks trip" in 2003 to Rome and parts close by.....
Aspirin for those muscles!....smiles

therelishedroost said...

THat is fantastic!!! just wonderful!
xo Karolyn

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Anne! This is beautiful! I love your "scenes."

I am finally catching up on what feels like months of blog reading (perhaps because it IS months?) - and it was so nice to get a color infusion on this dreary DC winter morning.

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615