Friday, May 17, 2013

JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI


I'm not a big "film buff" as I find so many movies out there to be trashy and mindless nonsense, but once in a while, I do come across something really interesting that I would recommend. Jiro Dreams of Sushi is a documentary film from 2011 that follows an 85 year old Japanese sushi chef who happens to be the only sushi guy who has ever won the distinction of having 3 Michelin stars. I love how the film celebrates age, experience, going with your natural gift and being the best you can possibly be at whatever it is you do. Jiro talks about appreciating your work without complaining. Very inspirational, even if you don't happen to like sushi as I do.
Have a terrific weekend and don't forget to enter the TG Hatfield give-away if you haven't already.
The winner will be chosen and announced on Monday.

4 comments:

MrsLittleJeans said...

Thank you for introducing this film...sounds very interesting to me...and I think I already did ..have a great weekend! xx

pve design said...

Wonderful film. We have a small spot we go to for Sushi and love it there. The owners have known us now since our daughter needed a booster seat. The Sushi chef has been awarded by the Nipon club for his sushi. I think all sushi chefs need recognition, they are artists.

Off to enter the TG Hatfield giveaway! Thank-you!
Arigato~
pve

therelishedroost said...

Quite the inspiration!!Happy Sunday!
Best,
Karolyn

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Anne-
I would love to see this film. Thank you for sharing.
I can't wait to see who wins!
Teresa
xoxo

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615