Wednesday, August 21, 2013

CHEVRON OVERKILL



I just had to post this!
I like Chevron as much as the next guy (or girl....) However, I cannot bring myself to paint it or to have it in my home. It was just emerging (again) about 6 years ago when I used it as a background for some of my silhouette paintings, but it has been beaten to death since then. It's one of those patterns that will define the last few years in decor and will look dated. So, I just can't do it. Oh, that and juju feather headdresses. What about you? Any design trend that you have seen enough of?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm tired of seeing books with their covers torn off, books slipcovered in white and books arranged by colour. I've also had enough of dead animals as décor. Please, no more zebra skin rugs, peacocks on pedestals and wall-mounted (real) deer heads.

Karena said...

Hi Anne I was really tiring of seeing the starburst mirror; even though there are some I like.Just grew tired of it being slapped on a wall instead of art!

Your feature is up on my site!

xoxo
Karena
Feature: Artist Anne Harwell

Elizabeth said...

Amen sister! I feel the same way about Moroccan tile patterns--always loved it, but started to...well..not. This is soon to become the "Tuscan" look of the mid-teens. In ten years, everyone will be tearing/throwing it out. Also agree with the "dead animals as decor" post. Was it you that did the post about hipsters and the antler thing or was that PVE?

donna baker said...

Subway tiles!!! They remind me of hospitals in the 50's and 60's and I can't stand them. People will be ripping them out in a year.

Beach House Living said...

Chevrons!

La Petite Gallery said...

No, but I love Chintz and floral patterns wallpaper or fabric.
It feels like home. The new designers are doing very COLD work. The homes look so uninviting , like a cold waiting room.
Just my thoughts. yvonne

Unknown said...

I totally agree......smiles!

Unknown said...

That is the cutest Charlie Brown poster. I agree, done, and overdone. Hope all is well, Anne.
xo Nancy

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615