Friday, August 9, 2013

THE HUNT CONTINUES



We both love French bistro chairs and picked these up for our kitchen

Part of last weekend was spent perusing some stores for furniture and interesting pieces to furnish our home.
Fortunately for me, I am blessed with a patient husband who also happens to be on the same page with me, as well as having a great eye himself. Our only major difference is his love for leather furniture (which seems to be a part of the American male's DNA). I get it that leather is practical and generally pretty comfortable, however, it is also furnishing the homes of 90% of the population and being a non-conformist, I resist capitulation and going with the crowd.


Of course I couldn't resist snapping a pic of this oversized ginger jar!


Love this table and the color of these vases. The Chinoiserie bamboo chairs are beautiful, too.


The color of these walls is so soothing. Hmmmm....


I am majorly attracted to oval shapes, especially tables.
We're headed to Dallas this weekend to visit family, so furniture hunting will have to wait.
 Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you back here next week!

7 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

the search never stops! you know that!!!

xo

pve design said...

I love it that you are both pretty much on the same page and that you know what you like. I think tastes evolve. There are some amazing leather pieces out there that don't have the Man Cave image....but it does take time to build a home - as long as it is built on a strong foundation - right? Only our faith and love are really what matters. Nearing 26 years of marriage, I have learned this. Lots of trust and letting go.
Enjoy Dallas!
pve

Unknown said...

I am a constant furniture shopper--good thing it takes me awhile to purchase as I'm always changing my mind. Can't wait to see what you end up with!

xo Mary Jo

A Dance With Grace said...

Love it all! Great inspiration on a Friday!

My Notting Hill said...

I'm sure you're on your way to creating a beautiful home. With you on leather - although love it when it's on a small piece in a fab color.

therelishedroost said...

Looks like a great store!!
Have a fun weekend,Karolyn

Kirsten Steen said...

LOVE your French bistro chairs!

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615