Tuesday, January 22, 2008

P.S.


As a follow-up to yesterday's post, I wanted to give credit where credit is due. The chair that inspired my rendering was none other than Chapman Radcliff's "Kelly" wing chair. As many of you know, Ruthie Sommers is the owner of LA based Chapman Radcliff and is definitely one of my favorite decorators. She designed this gorgeous piece that I couldn't resist painting. I also wanted to thank my friend, Courtney Barnes of StyleCourt for posting my painting yesterday as part of a post on chinoiserie chairs. Courtney is like a walking encyclopedia of design knowledge. If she doesn't know the answer to your question or the origins of a piece in a photo (which is almost NEVER) she will not rest until she discovers it!

5 comments:

Bayou Contessa said...

You are a beautiful person and a talented artist! I've been looking around for some wonderful chair for you to paint. Thanks for sharing this with us.

annechovie said...

That is so kind of you, BC! Thanks! I woud love to paint one of your chairs, especially if they are anywhere near as beautiful as your lighting fixtures!

Unknown said...

Love that chair and color! You did a beautiful job, Anne, per usual!

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

Love this painting. You truly are a talent.

annechovie said...

Thank you, LPE!

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615