Monday, January 3, 2011

A LOOK BACK......


Well here we are, the first Monday of 2011.
I can't believe how time keeps speeding up.
My parents always told me it would go faster the older I got and they were right! 
January is usually a catch-up month for me, after my very busy season of cranking out the commissions and filling LOTS of orders for holiday gifts. I was going through some files yesterday, trying to find something. I came across a couple of old paintings, from the early days. This is one I did in 1996. While in London a few years prior, I had found some great magazines in a trash bin at the flat I was staying in. There were all these fabulous real estate listings with incredible interior photos. I poured over them for hours and clipped a few of my favorites. This room I painted was one of them. I had to laugh at my somewhat skewed perspective and lack of definition, but it brought back some great memories. Ah, the early days....
Hope you have a great start to your week!

15 comments:

Karena said...

Anne I love it it is vibrant and quite interesting!!

Happy New Years!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Mariska Meijers said...

Happy New Year Anne!
Wishing you a wonderful, succesful, happy, healthy and inspiring New Year. I am happy we are are connected.
Mariska xox

pve design said...

Anne,
Love this one. Will you be adding this to your shop?
I love the light and I knew it just had to be in London....I can feel the sort of shabby chic of it all! I love looking back at work too.
Happy 2011. Yes, time goes fast, can you imagine my twins are seniors? Pinch me now!
pve

Christy said...

I think it's really lovely and don't even noticed the skewed perspective! But, I'm no artist - I just like to look at it! And I'm fascinated that you lived in London. That's one of my regrets - that I never lived abroad when I was young and carefree. Hopefully one day Matt and I can live in another country with our little ones...a girl can dream, right?!

Karen in VA (was CT) said...

.. yes, I like the painting too ... fun to 'look back' ... Happy New Year

MrsLittleJeans said...

I too cannot believe at how fast time moves...I have to stop and remind myself that christmas actually happened...only you would find an art topic in the magazines in the trash can : )
I hope this week is smooth sailing for you

xoxo

North of 25A said...

Lovely painting, Anne. Wishing you only the best in 2011,
Colleen

Unknown said...

Sometimes...."skewed perspective and lack of definition," really work...and here is one of those places....lovely painting....smiles

Kwana said...

Thanks so much. Happy New Year!

Kirsten Steen said...

Actually I love this one! Love the room, love the books, the flowers pots, the leaves outside. All of it! It all works.
Hope it was a great NY's for you and continues to be so!
Kirsten

Lila said...

I think it's lovely. My mother also told me that time flies by the older you get. I guess both our mother's are right! Happy New Year!
xoxo
Lila Ferraro

DolceDreams said...

It is fun taking time to go back in time and relive memories, places and people ~ I agree with you, the time is going by far too quickly!
Nathalie

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Early effort it may be - but it's still very pretty!

Happy 2011!

Anchor Cottage said...

I love the light.

Mary Ann @ Anchor Cottage

Sandra Busby said...

I really like this! It's quirky :0D

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615