Friday, August 2, 2013

TREASURE HUNTING


My husband and I are in the process of buying a new home, so last Saturday I dragged him out scouting for some pieces for the new place. He was very patient and we shared some good laughs as we meandered through some shops looking for "unique" pieces. Unique we did find.  There was the good, the bad and the ugly.  Unfortunately, we saw more ugly than we did good, and didn't come away with any treasures, but it was entertaining at the least. These Staffordshire pieces above were good finds, but I wasn't exactly in the market for them.


We both liked these bamboo nesting tables and I'm debating picking these up later on if they haven't been snagged.


There were plenty of tacky and musty items, this being one of them.


Then there was the the Liberace bedroom set.  The gaudy motif/style reminded me of  those old carousels at amusement parks. Apparently, some lucky person had already laid claim to it. Go figure!


The hunt continues and at least my curiosity was satisfied. I realized that I am not really missing anything at my local consignment/antique shops. I have my eye on some new, unused items and we will see how it all comes together!
Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

MrsLittleJeans said...

What a great picture of you too...wishing you a lovely weekend! : )

DolceDreams said...

What a handsome couple! I wish you much joy in this wonderful time of your life...happy weekend too!
Nathalie

Sarah said...

Hi Anne! Looks like fun, I love the nesting tables but the Liberace set - hideous!! You guys look great - have a great weekend!! xo

Ivy Lane said...

The nesting tables seem like a very nice find...OH MY! the "Liberace" set..YIKES!

Beautiful pic of you and your hubby!

Happy Weekend!

Ivy

Andrea said...

Oh, I love those nesting tables! They would be so gorgeous with a fresh coat a glossy paint! And such a darling pic of you and your hubby! I love the dress you are wearing!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Great photo at the end!

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615