Friday, October 10, 2008

LUCKY ME!

I could send a box of these Laduree treats to everyone of my readers! OR hold a first rate bloggers convention here

JK Place - Capri, Italy

I don't know what it is, but lately there are all of these generous people overseas who want to make me their beneficiary. Strange thing is that an overwhelming percentage of them have esophageal cancer and are dying without a single charity or known person to share their vast fortune with. Some of them have inherited millions, but are forced to turn to a total stranger (me) to receive these funds into my account because their country is caught in a civil war. I am flattered, because most of them like to refer to me as "Beloved" or "Dearest" and they always have an"URGENT" request for me. Gosh, I had no idea I was so lovable. It seems they all have one thing in common - they are filthy rich, but their spell-checker is totally defunct. Seeing as how I am about to cash in big time, with probably close to 20 offers a day now, I thought it might be fun to think about how I could share my good fortune with my readers and fellow bloggers. Hmmm, let's see. First of all, I would donate a huge chunk of it to needy people. After that, I think I would throw a gigantic blogger's bash on Capri - here. There are many of you I am dying to meet! Maybe I should just have some of them get in touch with some of you and share the wealth? Let me know if you've had any offers or if you have any suggestions as to what to do with the money.

28 comments:

Leciawp said...

Well....count me in for the convention!

vicki archer said...

and I thought I was the only special one!
Cute post xv

annechovie said...

Lecia~ Won't it be fun?

Vicki~ Yeah, me too. I guess there are other "Beloveds" out there, too. LOL

Ivy Lane said...

Ahhhh, Capri! Wouldn't that be grand!! especially on someone else's dime! :)

Karena said...

Let's see Chocolates or Capri....hmmm, can I have both, please?

annechovie said...

Ivy~ Yes, it would be!

Karena~ If I get real money from these people, you CAN have both! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh this delighted me to know end! I will think of you now when I receive these and giggle..

annechovie said...

Thanks for your comment and for stopping by, Miss B.! Glad I could make you smile! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

These type scams are all over the internet but it is fun to dream. Count me in on the trip and the chocolates! LOL

annechovie said...

Hello Anon, Yes, the internet is rife with these scammers. I can't believe they actually think people will fall for it!

pve design said...

The absurdity of it all these scams and that some actually fall for it all really has me quite intrigued.
As for suggestions, I think you would manage quite nicely but some new art supplies and an art studio with that killer view - what more could a girl want?

annechovie said...

Patricia~ Good point! ;>)

MIMILEE said...

COUNT ME IN< ANNE!

Visual Vamp said...

Dearest Anne,
I seriously have been wanting to organize a get together for all the decor bloggers out there. Would you co-work it with me?!!!

annechovie said...

You got it Mimilee! ;>)

That's a great idea, Valorie! I am swamped right now, but maybe when thing calm down a bit! Have a great weekend!

cotedetexas said...

lately the messages have changed somewhat - have you noticed that? lately they act like they know you personally and the first one - I started to read it because I did think it was from someone who knew me, ahahah!!! until i got to the dying part. tooooo funny. you are soo funny - this is hysterical!

annechovie said...

Joni~ Yeah, LOL! They also have this new angle about being a soldier in Iraq who needs you to deposit this huge windfall for them.

Maritere Rice Photography said...

Would love both Laduree chocolates (or some macaroons) and a trip to Capri Anne!!! Sign me up! Yeez... I guess you've been flodded with those "generous" e-mails as well! I hope you are doing great!!! Have a nice weekend!

annechovie said...

Maritere~ Great to hear from you! Yes, you are signed up - if only we had even a dollar for every one of these scam spams!

rebecca said...

I thought I was special and beloved! Oh well.

A blogger bash would be wonderful! Lets just charter an amazing plane, travel the world, return home eventually, and share the fun on the blogs afterwards.

annechovie said...

You ARE special, Becca. I like your plan - sounds perfect!

Nicole said...

Oh fabulous! I have these offers all the time as well. Let's go in together and by a fabulously huge yacht and charter underprivileged children around the world to see fabulous sites, museums and of course dine with the most famous chefs that we invite to cook for us on board.

la la Lovely said...

This is hilarious and cheeky post- love it! Love all your quirks too!!! Happy week!

annechovie said...

Hi Nicole! I love your idea! Let's do it!

Trina~ Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks so much. You are so nice and I hope your week is great also!

72 and sunny said...

love this post. I know a guy who actually began emailing these people and started this whole relationship with the scheisters which led to him pulling one over on them. he then turned the story into a play...which of course was bought and may be made into a film.

annechovie said...

Thanks, Megan! I'd love to hear your friend's story - sounds hilarious and a bit like "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels". Have a great week!

Topsy Turvy said...

Love your idea for the blogger bash - count me in! With all our fortunes to spend from all our dying friends and relatives, we could just buy JK Place and make it a permanent blogger retreat!

-Lana

annechovie said...

Lana! You are brilliant - why didn't I think of that!?

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615