Wednesday, October 22, 2008

TIS THE SEASON.......

Illustration by Izak Zenou

......And I am not talking about the Holidays, just yet. I am talking about the "Season" here in South Florida, which is just beginning. Since we don't have beautiful turning leaves, cider mills or crisp nights, we are enjoying what we DO have. Temperatures below 85, stone crab season, a chance to wear a sweater (maybe!), the prospect of a beautiful Winter and the narrow escape from serious hurricane damage this year. Some year-round Floridians dread the season and love to complain about all the added traffic, crowds and snowbirds, but for me, it's a good thing. I look forward to the added liveliness, less humidity, Christmas lights on palm trees and never waking up to a cold and bleak landscape! The months between October and April are when year-round Floridians receive payoff for the steamy Summers (which I don't even mind). Here's to payoff season!

20 comments:

Leciawp said...

What a vibrant, uplifting image! Cheers to your payoff season!

annechovie said...

Thanks, Lecia! I hope you are doing well!

Topsy Turvy said...

Hear! Hear! We can now actually sit outdoors in the mornings or evenings with tea and the newspaper.

-Lana

annechovie said...

Yes, Lana! Isn't it wonderful to be able to really enjoy being outside?

SimplyGrove said...

Sounds lovely!!!

annechovie said...

Hi Kirsten! It's great to step outside and not feel like it's a sauna anymore!LOL

rebecca said...

I love that illustration. Is he the one who does the Lilly cookbooks? LOVE it!

Sounds like a great time of year! I'm a bit jealous! Oh, ok, I'm a LOT jealous.

annechovie said...

Becca~ Yes, he is! Good eye!
Yeah, very nice here now, but I would trade Summers with you!

Brilliant Asylum said...

The "Season" sounds pretty good to me. It will sound even better after a couple of months of winter "up north" in Georgia.

Enjoy!

annechovie said...

Hello Brilliant! Yeah, I lived in Atlanta for 19 years and, contrary to what most people think, the winters in Georgia can be pretty cold and bleak. You will just have to get away to FL... ;>)

Ivy Lane said...

I am so jealous! I woke up and stepped out this morning to a chilly 39 degrees!!! Have a great "pay off season"!!!

annechovie said...

Aw, Ivy! I feel your pain - I used to wear socks to bed in the winter before I moved to FL. Brrrr

Karena said...

Definitely getting cooler and into the Autumn here in Kansas City.Today was rainy, painting class tonight brightened things up though!

annechovie said...

Sounds nice, Karena! Painting can often chipper me up!

Claude Richard said...

Nice blog and topics !

annechovie said...

Thanks, Crescendo!

72 and sunny said...

LOVE this one

annechovie said...

Yeah, Megan, I, too, love all Izak's work.

Anonymous said...

Amen to Florida winters. This morning was gorgeous!

annechovie said...

Wow, Lorrie, wasn't it? Amazing...

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615